Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Reno Gathers Cuban Supporters (Barf Alert?)
Southwest Florida Fox Affiliate | 9/04/01 | My Favorite Headache

Posted on 09/04/2001 6:10:15 PM PDT by My Favorite Headache

Just heard that a group of 300 Cuban Americans are coming out in support for Janet Reno in the Cuban Community on the local Fox station on the west coast of Florida here in the Ft. Myers/Naples area. There is a HUGE Hispanic community here and the one guy they just showed was just shown saying " Yes we know all too well about her involvement with the Elian case, but she did her job and what she had to do to bring a father and son together and I believe people realize that and we are here to let her know that not every Cuban is voting in 2002 for Jeb Bush."

I will post more when I see the full report on this at 11. Supposedly they are starting or have started some Democratic Cubans For Reno 2002 campaign. The Cuban vote is not a lock after all.

TOPICS: Breaking News; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 141-147 next last

1 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by My Favorite Headache
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: My Favorite Headache

2 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by spiker (spiker@ev1.net)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

i cannot imagine that there would be a substantial number of cubans that will vote for her. Of course, no ethnic group is a monolith, but if there is going to be a cuban impact, it is going to be AGAINST reno, not in favor of her!
3 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by xsmommy

300 Democratic Cubans? Well, that should be about all of the Democrat Cubans accounted for, then. The rest, Republican Cubans, will most likely vote for Jeb.....
4 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by Moonmad27

If the FBI is reading this you may want to attend this meeting the Cubans will be agents of Castro.
5 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by Jimbaugh

Are you sure these "Cuban Americans" are not just leftist Americans who went to Cuba and which Castro sent back as agents?
6 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by Nateman

Uh. . .Excuse me? Did someone say barf alert?:

7 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by MeekOneGOP

To: Jimbaugh
Beat my post by 5 seconds!
8 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by Nateman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

There are about 1.5 million Cubans in Florida. Janet Reno gets 300, Bush gets the rest. No news here.
9 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by jwalsh07

The Cuban vote is not a lock after all.

Wanna bet?

We Cuban-Americans down here have our knives out, ready to cut her up....Reno is the talk around town and we're walking around today with huge grins on our faces, waiting on '02.

The better question is, "Will decent ANGLO voters in upstate Florida bring it home for Jeb?"

10 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by eric_da_grate

If this women takes Florida, I will truely loose all faith in this states future. I don't believe she will though. I just don't want to keep hearing Clinton type names coming up here. It's getting so old watching these morons broadcast how mindless they are by standing up for these criminals.
11 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by Alpenkatze

yeah, right, reno has big support among Cubans. in fact, they want to invite her down to the community for a fund raiser. it should be a hot time.
12 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by Faraday

To: xsmommy
In this case...Size does mattter.
13 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by hobbes1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: jwalsh07
I wonder how many of the 300 are Dem party operatives and their families, either on the payroll or otherwise tied to the outfit. Just idle curiousity on my part.
14 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by Torie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: eric_da_grate
We Cuban-Americans down here have our knives out, ready to cut her up....Reno is the talk around town and we're walking around today with huge grins on our faces, waiting on '02.

I think the Cuban-Americans vividly remember this, right?:

15 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by MeekOneGOP
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

300 Cuban Americans
-------
I know of the area you mention, Ft. Myers/Naples on the west coast, and I would say this: these people are NOT actually Cubans. They are Hispanic farm workers in Immokolee. They may "look" like Cubans, but, they are NOT Cubans. That's my take on this "announcement." Maybe FOX will investigate.
16 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by summer

POSTED EARLIER TODAY:

University of Idaho to Host JANET RENO as Lecturer!!!

News/Current Events News Keywords: RENO, IDAHO

Source: VANITY

Published: 9/4/01 Author: me

Posted on 09/04/2001 17:12:32 PDT by BigWest

The University of Idaho College of Law will host none other than JANET RENO as a lecturer on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 at the Student Union Building on the University of Idaho main campus in Moscow, Idaho.

The lecture presentation, which is a part of the Sherman J. Bellwood lecture series, is entitled "THE LEGAL PROFESSION AS PROBLEM SOLVERS AND PEACEMAKERS."

A quote from the promotional brochure mailed to U of I alumni describes Reno as follows: "Known for her integrity, independence, and respect for the rules of law and evidence, Ms. Reno worked intensively to bring "justice" to the Department of Justice. She used the authority of her office to enforce civil rights, environmental and health statutes with the same professionally innovative approaches that achieved conventional crime rate reductions throughout her tenure. Her courage, vision and dedication to both duty and principle are well known--and have made her one of the country's most admired women." -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- While the U of I College of Law will foot Ms. Reno's considerable lecture fee through a private endowment, the State's taxpayers will foot the bill for the event by allowing her to use the venue, set-up costs, etc. What do you think Inland Northwest Freepers? IS this a proper use of this public University's name and resources? "Known for her respect for integrity, independence and respect for the rules of law and evidence" INDEED!!!! These Academics are soo out of touch it's amazing!! Having Reno speak on The Legal Profession as Problem Solver and Peacemaker" is a bit like having Charles Manson rant through his cell bars about "The Positive Aspects of the 60's!!" 1 Posted on 09/04/2001 17:12:32 PDT by BigWest [ Reply | Private Reply | Top | Last ]

17 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by BigWest

To: Alpenkatze
I have already lost faith in the American voter. When Bill Clinton won two terms and that thing won in NY it convinced me that anything is now possible. We have become a nation that is incapable of common sense, but worse, common decency.
18 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by In mourning for six years
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Maybe they're just pulling her leg. It would be great for them to be only pretending. That way they can make her look like a fool.
Otherwise, the Dems have bused in illegal aliens from Cuba to vote. They're known for that.
What Cuban would dare vote for Reno? She used them for corrupt political fodder.
She played them as fools.
They "owe" her' "big time."
19 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by concerned about politics

The only prayer that Reno has is to con a bunch of people who don't speak english (and therefore don't have access to the truth).
20 posted on 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM PST by Hillary 666

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 141-147 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson